We value your privacy deeply and therefore our application Helpilepsy was created around the principle of data protection by design.
We value your privacy deeply. Its protection is one of our priorities.
We want to be extremely transparent on how we use your data.
Here a summary of the most important topics.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Things that you provide through helpilepsy (e.g. your email, your gender, your seizures, your treatments, your in-app messages, etc.)
- Things that we collect when you use helpilepsy (e.g. how you interact with the app)
- If you’ve given your explicit approval (not this one), things that we collect from sensors (e.g. your sleep quality)
WHY WE COLLECT THAT INFORMATION
- To provide you our services (e.g. your epilepsy reports)
- To improve and maintain our services (e.g. detecting when the app is bugging)
- To communicate with you about Helpilepsy (e.g. to help you use the app properly)
- For scientific research and statistical purposes (e.g. Understanding which side effects are more frequent for certain drugs)
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
1. To your personal information (= information not anonymized or pseudonymized):
- A specific part of the trusted Helpilepsy team
- Trusted third parties, who can’t use it for their own purpose
=> Your personal identifiable information is not sold to anybody
2. To the pseudonymized or anonymized information (= information nobody can trace back to you anymore):
- This information might be provided to scientific organisations (for scientific research purposes only), but nobody will know you are linked to this information.
WHAT YOU CONTROL
- You’re still in charge of your information.
- You can ask for erasure whenever you want. Just mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can ask for a file with all your data
WHAT WE DO TO PROTECT YOU
- All communications are encrypted.
- Your information is stored in a secure server in Frankfürt, Germany.
- We have internal processes to make sure our IT infrastructure is safe and our team handles your information responsibly.
An epileptic seizure can happen at any moment. This unpredictability is one of the worst things (if not THE worst) about epilepsy. The dream of all people with epilepsy is to never have a seizure again. Can we reach this dream? In this article I explain 3 things: Why...
WHY? Chronic diseases are really tough. Epilepsy is no exception. It prevents us from reaching our maximum potential. Be it because of the seizures, the side effects, the glance of others, our self-confidence or something else... It's like we're walking...