We value your privacy deeply and therefore our application Helpilepsy was created around the principle of data protection by design.
We value your privacy deeply. Its protection is one of our priorities.
We want to be extremely transparent on how we use your data.
Here a summary of the most important topics.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Things that you provide through helpilepsy (e.g. your email, your gender, your seizures, your treatments, your in-app messages, etc.)
- Things that we collect when you use helpilepsy (e.g. how you interact with the app)
- If you’ve given your explicit approval (not this one), things that we collect from sensors (e.g. your sleep quality)
WHY WE COLLECT THAT INFORMATION
- To provide you our services (e.g. your epilepsy reports)
- To improve and maintain our services (e.g. detecting when the app is bugging)
- To communicate with you about Helpilepsy (e.g. to help you use the app properly)
- For scientific research and statistical purposes (e.g. Understanding which side effects are more frequent for certain drugs)
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
- To your personal information (= information not anonymized or pseudonymized):
- A specific part of the trusted Helpilepsy team
- Trusted data processors, who can’t use for their own purpose
=> Your personal identifiable information is not sold to anybody
- To the anonymized information (= third parties won’t be able to trace it back to you):
- This information might be provided to third parties, upon case-by-case validation of the anonymization.
WHAT YOU CONTROL
- You’re still in charge of your information.
- You can ask for erasure whenever you want. Just mail us at email@example.com
- You can ask for a file with all your data
WHAT WE DO TO PROTECT YOU
- All communications are encrypted.
- Your information is stored in a secure server of AWS in Frankfurt, Germany.
- We have internal processes to make sure our IT infrastructure is safe and our team handles your information responsibly
OTHER STUFF TO KNOW
- Helpilepsy is currently not a medical device.
- You are not obliged to install the application and your refusal to install the application does not have any impact on the treatment by your physician or the quality of such treatment.
An epileptic seizure can happen at any moment. This unpredictability is one of the worst things (if not THE worst) about epilepsy. The dream of all people with epilepsy is to never have a seizure again. Can we reach this dream? In this article I explain 3 things: Why...read more